Nine Rails Creative District
Mural by Rachel Pohl
Sculpture by Ethan Barley
Video projection by Justin Watson
Video projection at left by Cady Poorman; projection at right by Justin Watson
The name Nine Rails pays tribute to Ogden’s history as a railroad town, originally a major connection point on the Transcontinental Railroad and later, during World War II, a hub for nine different rail lines. “You can’t get anywhere without coming to Ogden” was a city slogan for a decade or more. The Nine Rails name is also symbolic of the Nine Muses from Greek mythology, with each muse representing a different form of artistic expression.
Share Your IdeasWe want to hear from you! Below are several items that you can review and comment on.
- Map of the Creative District
- Goals, Objectives, and Strategies for the Creative District
- Creative District Master Plan
#wecreateogden is an opportunity to express your unique vision for a new Creative District in Ogden. Share your ideas and your craft by tagging photos showing how you live, create, and engage with the community:
- WHAT IF - Take a picture of an empty lot or run-down building and tell us what you think it could become.
- I CREATE - Share with us what you, your friends, and neighbors are working on.
- CREATIVE LIFE - How do you live creatively in the district? What makes your neighborhood unique?
Post your photos to Facebook or Instagram with the hashtag #wecreateogden, and set your posts to public so that others can see your ideas.